12.09.2013

Walking home alone at 5 in the morning was comforting. It was one of the few times I felt completely at ease with my loneliness and anonymity, and I almost felt like I was anywhere but in Singapore. Youth Lagoon started to play in my head, When I was seventeen, my mother said to me, don't stop imagining, the day that you do is the day that you die, and I was happy, happy just being, even with the cold cradling my calves, even in the vast empty streets, so quietly at peace that I could stand in the open road and not care about my mortality.

I wanted to keep walking, for the time to stay at 5 in the morning, and the more I wished time would stop, the more I noticed silvers of light creeping into the sky from behind the tall buildings, the more I noticed that I lived in a world constantly in motion, and the moment was lost.

I was and am myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment