4.16.2014

My love is increasingly measured by how much time I am willing to take out for a person. Is college meant to be this way? Where I dish out time credits for the ones I love and miss? 

I spread myself so thin because I want to show the people who matter that I still care about them. But unless they're in school, it feels like not everyone understands. I can feel my presence fading away from my friends' lives, and I am no longer relevant. Sometimes, I can see the expiration dates of my relationships with groups of people. That's why I hardly have cliques, or hang out in them. I can't accommodate everyone's schedule, and neither can everyone, so what's the point? It's easier to just meet up with one person at any time.

That said, I still feel left out, even though I understand why I'm being left out. Time is limited and precious, and it's a good thing, I guess, understanding this two decades into my existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment